Because its August: Plum Sorbet (recipe)
Posted on August 29 2013
It's very hot. It's the end of August. All I want is icy cold things.
Stone fruits are deliciously ripe this time of year. And my choice in how to eat them is as a cold, tasty sorbet.
Plum Sorbet Recipe
- 2 lbs pitted and quartered plums (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs honey or light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- lemon juice to taste (I squeezed 1/2 a small lemon (about 1.5 T), depends on the sweetness of your plums and your taste preference).
1. Using a blender or food processor, puree the plums until smooth. Add in the sugar and honey and blend. Add in salt and lemon juice to taste and blend.
2. Strain the puree (to remove the excess chunks and skin).
3. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours.
4. Churn sorbet in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Place sorbet in freezer to firm (approx. 2-3 hours).
Mmmm! tasty. Also ...
The studio pottery bowl featured in the photos can be found in our shop.
Try to stay cool!